OUTDOOR LIGHTING PERSPECTIVES OF NAPLES CAN HELP YOU DECIDE
Comparing all the advantages and limitations of outdoor lighting is tricky. Depending on your situation, any given benefit may or may not outweigh the limitations. Fortunately, with Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Naples, you don’t have to make the decision alone. One of our lighting designers will help you decide what’s best for your home and outdoor spaces.
STANDARD LINE LIGHTING IS USUALLY NOT RECOMMENDED
For most residential installations, incandescent lighting can be immediately ruled out. The installation requires comparatively extensive excavation. Not only is this cost prohibitive, it can damage tree and shrub roots wreaking havoc on your landscaping. Incandescent lighting could be a viable option on a new build–but even then, your other options are likely more advantageous.
SOLAR OUTDOOR LIGHTING PRODUCES INFERIOR RESULTS
Solar lighting is usually easy to rule out as well since the photovoltaic cells used are not powerful enough to provide any substantial light intensity or duration. And there doesn’t seem to be any suitable advances in solar outdoor lighting anytime soon. Solar options are recommended only when there is no other source of electricity and/or you only need a soft “glow”, rather than provide any meaningful illumination.
LOW-VOLTAGE HALOGEN OUTDOOR LIGHTING PRODUCES EXCELLENT RESULTS IN NAPLES
Low-voltage outdoor lighting most often means halogen lights. Low-voltage halogen lighting is almost always an excellent choice:
- Low voltage offers safety benefits over line voltage.
- Low-voltage lights can be installed easily and affordably by professionals.
- Low-voltage systems that are professionally designed will almost always use substantially less energy than standard line voltage.
- The halogen bulbs illuminate their surroundings in their true colors.
- Halogen bulbs offer brightness and directional capabilities.
- Halogen bulbs provide an average 5,000 hour long bulb life.
LED OUTDOOR LIGHTING GIVES NAPLES EXCELLENT RESULTS AND ENERGY SAVINGS
While there are still many inferior, older technology fixtures on the market, only recently have Outdoor Lighting Perspectives technological advances made LEDs suitable for outdoor lighting applications. The new advanced fixtures make LEDs a very attractive option for those willing to make the additional initial investment.
- LEDs’ low voltage is safer than line voltage.
- LEDs are more energy efficient than other options.
- Our LEDs offer an attractive light that illuminates surroundings in their true colors.
- Our new LEDs offer the brightness and directional capabilities needed.
- Our new LEDs are projected to have extremely long bulb life (easily over a decade of normal use).
It’s important to note that while there is every reason to believe today’s advanced LED lights will last 10+ years under normal use, they haven’t been around long enough to prove this. Fortunately, the advanced LED fixtures Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Naples use offer a unique, patent-pending advance: the LED’s electronics are separated from the LED. This should reduce heat and further increase “bulb” life. Our lighting also allows LED “bulbs” to be swapped out without the need to change the entire fixture. (Most other fixtures on the market have an integral LED, requiring replacement of the entire fixture rather than just the “bulb.”)