If you could have any home in Cary, NC, which one would you choose? There are so many, it could take days to see them all and make your selection. Or, would it? If you live in Cary, we hope you would choose the very house you live in now.
If you would choose a home other than the one you now own, what draws you to that other home? Is it bigger, more ornate or more welcoming than your home? Does it have better landscaping, a pool or a fenced yard?
Qualities that can draw you to a home include its beauty, interesting architecture—perhaps unique—and a welcoming ambiance. All of these qualities are related in some way to one of our favorite topics: architectural lighting.
What is Architectural Lighting and Why Should You Have It?
In our profession of outdoor lighting, most of our work falls into two categories: architectural lighting and landscape lighting. We’ve written about landscape lighting many times, so today we’re focusing on architectural lighting.
What is Architectural Lighting?
Architectural lighting refers to professional outdoor lighting designed to enhance the beauty of a home’s façade and make it visible at night. Those are two different objectives.
Making the home visible means illuminating it so it’s not hidden in shadow. An extension of making it visible is making it appear welcoming. A cheerfully illuminated home seems to reach out to guests arriving with a “we’re glad you’re here” ambiance.
The other objective of architectural lighting, enhancing a home’s beauty after dark, is something you might take for granted until you understand it better. Your lighting designer will use a variety of outdoor lighting fixtures and techniques to draw attention to—and highlight—the textures of your home’s façade.
- Is your roofline straight or does it peak with several high-pointed gables?
- Do you have arched windows or doorways?
- Is your entryway grand and spacious?
- Does your home feature columns or posts standing like sentries?
- Is your home’s exterior made of stone, wood siding, stucco or brick?
- For architectural interest, does your home’s exterior feature more than one kind of material?
- Instead of asphalt shingles, is your home’s roof made with cedar shakes, slate or clay tiles?
That’s what architectural lighting is: a means of displaying the interesting architectural features of a home.
Why Should You Have Architectural Lighting?
Why? With architectural lighting, you will notice and enjoy your home’s exterior more than you would if it remained dark. What’s more, your lighting will have other people noticing too. First, your family and guests, then neighbors and anyone else passing by at night. Sometimes this effort to show off your home after dark is called nighttime curb appeal. You don’t have to be selling your home to generate curb appeal!
Your professional outdoor lighting designer does not make your home beautiful. It’s already beautiful. We simply highlight that beauty to draw your eye and help you appreciate it. If you love your Cary, NC, home’s appearance, want to enjoy it more and want to share it with others, you should have Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Raleigh install architectural lighting.
How Do You Choose an Architectural Lighting Company in Cary NC?
To find the very best architectural lighting company in Cary NC, you need to do a little research.
- You want a company that has been in business for over a decade with exemplary reviews.
- One that offers a free nighttime demonstration and provides a full range of services including lighting design, installation and maintenance.
- One that uses high-quality brass and copper fixtures and provides warranties on transformers, LED bulbs and fixtures.
You want Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Raleigh to make your home one that anybody would choose as their favorite home in Cary, NC—even you.
If you’re searching for an architectural lighting company in Cary NC, call Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Raleigh today at (919) 769-6651 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you soon!