Virginia Beach Garden Lighting
Premier Lighting Installation for Your Garden
Garden lighting can transform the look and feel of your outdoor space, even in to the night, so decide which plants you want to illuminate and watch your garden come to life. Our Virginia Beach design experts can help you find the best backyard lighting ideas to create the outdoor space you've always wanted!
How Can Garden Lighting Be Used?
Garden lighting can be used for a variety of purposes, including highlighting features in your Virginia Beach garden, such as trees, shrubs, or sculptures, providing security, and illuminating walkways. There are many different garden lighting ideas that you can use to achieve the look that you want.
Some garden lighting ideas include adding:
- Globe or sphere lights within the garden or surrounding gravel
- Hanging lanterns along tree lines, bushes, or hedges
- Lighting to illuminate trees within the garden
- Overhead lighting to any gathering areas within the garden
- LED lights within the garden bed to further illuminate the plants
- Stake lights along the pathway to guide visitors through the garden
Where to Place Garden LightinG
No matter what garden lighting you choose, be sure to consider the placement of your lights carefully. The wrong placement can result in an unattractive and uneven light distribution. With a little planning, garden lighting can be a great way to add some extra interest and appeal to your garden space.
Garden lighting techniques our professionals use include:
- Accent lighting: It can be used to highlight specific features in the garden, such as sculptures or architectural elements. This type of lighting is typically used in conjunction with other types of lighting to create a well-rounded effect.
- Uplighting: It can give plants and trees a dramatic appearance and is used to illuminate garden features from below. Uplighting is typically placed at the base of trees, shrubs, or other objects within the garden, and is pointed upwards.
- Downlighting: It can help to create a more serene atmosphere and can be used to create depth and dimension in a garden. This type of lighting involves placing lights at a higher point in the garden, so the light will shine downwards. This creates a soft, ambient light that can highlight the texture of leaves or the shape of flowers.
- Backlighting: It can be used to create an ethereal feeling in the garden, or to simply add interest and drama. This type of lighting is placed in the garden bed and directed towards the back of the plants. This creates a silhouette effect that can be used to highlight certain features of the garden.
- Moonlighting: It is a garden lighting technique that involves placing lights in trees or other high points and aiming them downwards. The goal is to create the illusion of moonlight shining through the branches, providing a romantic and ethereal ambiance.
Create the outdoor space you've always wanted! Dial (757) 665-2668 or contact us online for garden landscape lighting in Virginia Beach today!
Safety & Security
Adding safety and security to your garden is easily attainable with outdoor lighting. Illuminating potential hazards such as ponds, ground level changes, or low hanging vegetation will guide you and guests without worry. Creating an illuminated sight line from the house to the garden will make your family feel secure.
Can LED Lighting Create Mood & Decoration?
Yes! With a strategic LED lighting design, the ambiance of your garden will have a dramatic change. Individual spot lights, uplights, and down lights can be used to highlight decorative wall panels, garden buildings or pergolas and even sculptures. String lighting in the garden can create an atmosphere that is unique to your home’s design style.
How long do garden lights last?
Investing in outdoor garden lighting is a smart way to make your outdoor living space even brighter and more beautiful. But, how long do garden lights last? That depends on several factors, such as the type of garden light you've chosen and how it's maintained.
The batteries in outdoor solar lights can last about 3-5 years before they will need to be replaced because of their constant exposure to varying weather conditions. On the other hand, these same lights contain LED bulbs that have significantly longer life spans than traditional bulbs; often running up to ten years or more with proper maintenance and cleaning. Thus, although periodic battery replacement every few years may be necessary, LED garden lights can continue illuminating your outdoors for many years.
If you’re looking to illuminate your garden to add more romance to your outdoor living space, then contact our team online. We proudly offer garden lighting in Virginia Beach and the surrounding areas!