Solar, Halogen or LED Lights: Which Light Is Right For Your Asheville Area Home?
OUTDOOR LIGHTING PERSPECTIVES OF WESTERN NC CAN HELP YOU DECIDE
Comparing the different types of outdoor lighting can become complicated. Fortunately, with Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Western NC, you don’t have to make the decision alone. One of our professional lighting designers will help you decide which lighting is best for your home.
INCANDESCENT OR STANDARD LINE LIGHTING IS NOT USUALLY RECOMMENDED
Incandescent or standard line lighting is usually not recommended for residential applications because it requires extensive excavation. Not only can is the cost high, it can damage your tree and shrub roots wreaking havoc on your landscaping. Standard line lighting may work on a new build but the benefits of other lighting are usually better.
SOLAR OUTDOOR LIGHTING PRODUCES INFERIOR RESULTS
Solar lighting is easy to rule out. The cells used in typical solar outdoor lighting are not powerful enough to provide adequate light for any period of time. Solar options are recommended only when there is no other electricity source or when you only want a soft glow, rather than any type of illumination.
LOW-VOLTAGE HALOGEN OUTDOOR LIGHTING PRODUCES SUPERIOR RESULTS
Low-voltage outdoor halogen lighting is more often than not, a good choice:
- Low voltage offers safety benefits over standard line voltage.
- Low-voltage lights are affordable.
- Low-voltage systems that are professional designed will almost always use considerably less energy than standard line voltage.
- Halogen bulbs offer a pleasing light that portrays surroundings in their true colors.
- Halogen bulbs deliver the directional capabilities and brightness needed.
- Halogen bulbs provide a reasonably long bulb life.
LED OUTDOOR LIGHTING PRODUCES EXCEPTIONAL RESULTS AND ENERGY SAVINGS
While there are still many fixtures on the market with the older-technology, recent advances have made LED installations a good alternative for outdoor lighting applications. The new advanced fixtures make LEDs an attractive option for those willing to make the initial investment for the fixtures.
- LEDs’ low voltage offers safety benefits over standard line voltage.
- LEDs’ installation costs are affordable.
- LEDs consume only a fourth of the energy of other lighting types.
- The new LEDs offer a pleasing light that portrays surroundings in their true colors.
- The new LEDs deliver the directional capabilities and brightness needed.
- The new LEDs offer an exceptionally long bulb life.
It’s important to note that while research shows our advanced LED lights will last 10 or more years under normal use, they haven’t been around long enough to prove this. The new LED fixtures Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Western NC uses offer a unique, patent-pending advance: the LED’s electronics are separated from the LED. This reduces the heat and increase the “bulb” life. It also allows LED “bulbs” to be replaced without exchanging the entire fixture. Most other fixtures on the market have an integral LED, requiring the entire fixture to be replaced rather than just the “bulb.”