Let’s start with this simple fact: if you have a patio, you need patio lighting. We believe you should be able to use your patio any time you want to, regardless of whether it’s daylight or dark outside. When the weather is pleasant, you should be able to enjoy your patio. During the warmer months in Chapin SC, sometimes the most comfortable temperatures arrive after dark.
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Columbia would like to help make your Chapin SC patio more enjoyable after dark by installing outdoor lighting around the patio area. And not just any outdoor lighting. We are not talking about you purchasing light fixtures off the shelf at a home improvement store and install them yourself. That scenario is fraught with disappointment.
There is a noticeable difference between do-it-yourself outdoor lighting and professionally designed and installed outdoor lighting. For the best results, call the professionals at Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Columbia, your patio lighting installer in Chapin SC.
Now, let’s get to those top 5 reasons you need patio lighting at your Chapin home:
- After a long day, you like to enjoy a glass of iced tea or wine outside on the patio, and frequently the time for that is after dark.
- Your family’s favorite place to dine is on the patio, and you don’t like to have your dinner time dictated by the sunset.
- You have an outdoor kitchen on your patio, and you would use it more if you could get better lighting set up out there.
- You and your spouse enjoy romantic evenings on the patio. The right patio lighting would create the perfect ambiance for you.
- You are known for lively parties on your patio; festive string lighting would create the party vibe you want.
Tricks of the Trade: How We Design and Install Patio Lighting
Alright, we are not going to give away all of our tricks, but we’ll provide a glimpse into our process of creating illumination for your patio. First, you need to know that patio lighting is actually a form of landscape lighting. To place your outdoor lighting fixtures strategically around your patio, we often work with whatever landscaping you have there.
Note: If you don’t have an abundance of landscaping around your patio, don’t despair. Many of our outdoor light fixtures do not require placement around plants or trees to deliver the desired effect.
Before we design your lighting plan or start installation, we’ll talk with you about how you would like to use your patio after dark and just how much illumination you want. We’ll study and measure the area, make some notes, and return to our studio to design a patio lighting plan for your home.
How does landscaping factor into this plan? Again, not giving away all of our trade secrets, here are a few applications:
- If you have a pathway leading to your patio, we will install pathway lighting low to the ground to increase safety after dark. If you have shrubs or other plantings along the pathway, we’ll tuck our copper and brass LED fixtures along the base of these plants to make them inconspicuous.
- Any trees, shrubs or flower beds around the patio will provide discrete settings for patio light fixtures. Our objective is to have the effects of the light draw your attention, not the fixtures.
- If you have a tall tree over your patio area, we can use a technique called moonlighting. For this we install lights high up in the tree branches to cast light down onto the patio. Our clients absolutely love moonlighting. You’ll see a dappled effect of light and shadows on the patio as if you have a clear sky and full moon every night of the year.
You Already Know a Great Patio Lighting Installer in Chapin SC!
If you’re reading this article, then you have found us: Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Columbia. We are the premier outdoor lighting and landscape lighting installer in Chapin, SC. We are known for architectural lighting and landscape lighting – including deck, dock, patio and pool lighting. Outdoor lighting is all we do, and we do it exceptionally well. Our professional outdoor lighting designers and installers have the talent and experience to produce the outdoor lighting effects that you desire at your home.
Extend the usability and increase the beauty of your Chapin patio after dark with elegant patio lighting. Call Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Columbia at (803) 274-6115 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!