Back in 2013, we designated October as National Outdoor Lighting Month to help raise awareness about the importance of outdoor lighting as a way to increase safety, security, beautification, and the functionality of your outdoor living spaces.
Your National Outdoor Lighting Month Checklist
1. Are your lightbulbs due for a replacement? If you still have halogen bulbs in your low voltage outdoor lighting system, be aware that they will need to be replaced for maximum performance every year or two.
2. Is your outdoor lighting installation still intact? Especially as it gets darker earlier in the day as Daylight Saving Time comes to an end, it is a good idea to ensure that you maintain your outdoor lighting installation. In addition to the extremes in Florida weather, there are numerous other factors that can affect your lighting. For example, your installation may need attention due to:
• Impact from Hurricane Ian
• Rough kid’s play that impacts your fixtures
• Pets digging up wires and fixtures
• Landscape overgrowth diminishing the illumination effect
• Wires being disrupted by seasonal planting
• Damage from lawn mowing
3. Is it time to reset or replace your outdoor lighting timer? At Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we can help you either reset your existing timer or we can install our newer technology-based timer that will accommodate daylight changes on its very own! Imagine what a relief it will be not to worry about your timer anymore. You may be interested in knowing that our new LED outdoor light systems have a timer so that our clients can freely customize how their lights go and off at any time of day or night based on their personal needs. The flexibility our timers provide gives you lots of options and also removes the burden of remembering when to turn your lights on or off. This facet naturally increases the safety and security of your home and grounds and adds lots of practicality, too. Our timers make it look like your home is lived in, even if no one is there, even if you are at work or on vacation. Aside from controlling when your lights go on and off, our easily customizable Lighting Control Automation can even be set to regulate how much light is put out by your outdoor landscape system. You can start off at a lower power level earlier in the evening and then go to 100% power as the darker part of night sets in. You can even control your indoor lights with this same timer, if that’s what you’d like to do. Best of all, you can do this and even make changes to your lighting all from a mobile device such as your smartphone or your computer no matter where in the world you are.
Tell Me More About Innovations Is Outdoor Lighting Automatic Timers
There are two types of timers – manual ones that you have to set to make the necessary changes or those managed by Lighting Control Automation (LCA).
These super convenient LCA timers are a huge improvement over outdated manual timers because they automatically adjust to daylight saving time changes, such as the one coming soon on November 6, 2022.
You don’t even have to think about dials or buttons or figuring out how to re-reprogram it to the proper time. No matter what your lifestyle, a LCA timer can be easily adapted to suit your needs – even if you have to leave for work really early in the morning and need additional light, or walk the dog before bed time. An LCA timer provides additional light exactly when you need it.
LCA’s are great if you travel often or have a Florida vacation home that you are not frequently at, as you can control the lighting to make it appear as if someone is always home to deter thieves. And as the days get shorter, these timers simply change to acclimate to the light conditions of the season. LCA’s make your outdoor lighting system easy and effortless to manage without having to get involved with annoying programming. As they can control lighting to a very precise degree, they also save you money on your power bill since you don’t need to waste electricity during times you simply don’t need it.
There’s Still Time For Your Complimentary Design And Upgrade Consultation Before Daylight Saving Time Comes To An End
To make it easy to connect with us, your can do it right here. We look forward to being of service.
Robert van der Putten, owner Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Clearwater & Tampa Bay.