This troubleshooting guide is for our Outdoor Lighting Perspectives clients throughout Florida, especially in:
- Indian Rocks
- Madeira Beach
- Newport Richie
- New Port Richey
- Palm Harbor
- St. Pete Beach
- Tarpon Springs
- Treasure Island
What Should I Do If My Outdoor Lighting And Landscape Lighting Is Not Working As It Did Before Idalia?
Most glitches can be easily remedied by following these six troubleshooting tips.
1. Be sure that the Outdoor Lighting Perspectives Transformer is plugged in and that the White Module inside the Transformer is firmly in place (if applicable), with the Transformer Inside Power Cord connected to the “Controlled” outlet at the bottom, not the “Always On” outlet on the front, as seen in this illustration.
Check to make sure that the Controller/Timer is plugged in. It is typically located inside your house in a Kitchen, Den or Basement. If it was left unplugged, the program should reset by itself when power is restored. If it does not, call us at 727-513-3420 and our team will help you.
2. Check for tripped breakers in your home's Main Electrical Panel.
3. Check for tripped breakers in the Transformer.
4. Try to reset the Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) in the Outlet. If the Outlet into which the Transformer is plugged into is not a GFCI outlet, the GFCI managing this Outlet may be located elsewhere in the house, typically near water sources such as your Garage, an Outdoor Location, Kitchen, Unfinished Basement or Bathroom.
5. If the Outlet on your home into which the Transformer/External Timer is plugged in is not up to code, it may not be weatherproof and can collect water. Such an Outlet needs to be updated by an electrician. (Outdoor Lighting Perspectives cannot replace these.)
6. If a light or multiple lights look dim, check that their heavy-duty glass covers are not covered with mulch, mud or debris. If they are, they can be gently cleaned with glass cleaner.
Please feel free to reach out to Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Clearwater & Tampa Bay anytime – we are here for all your lighting needs and concerns every step of the way: 727-513-3420.
Robert van der Putten
Owner Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Clearwater & Tampa Bay