Is the spring weather making you dream of summer in Seattle? Known by us locals as “August,” there is just something special about summer here! If you’re ready to get outdoors and enjoy every minute of the warmth, we recommend you start preparing your home’s outdoor spaces now to maximize enjoyment then. From outdoor lighting to bright textiles and container gardens, we have nine of the best ideas for you:
- Blend your deck or patio space into the natural surrounding by bringing the natural surroundings to your deck or patio with potted plants and container gardens. Tip: herbs pull double duty for your culinary skills too!
- Refresh your patio furniture with new brightly colored pillows, rugs, seat cushions and market umbrellas.
- Repaint metal and plastic furniture pieces such as garden stools with a fresh, clean coat of spray paint.
- Create an instant party on your deck or patio with permanent festive LED string lighting, custom-designed for your exact space.
- Replace your old rusted grill with a new stainless-steel grill for more regular cook-outs and a reason to throw a party with friends.
- Create a quiet meditation area under your favorite tree with a bench or swing, a small table, stepping-stones, and ambient tree lighting for an evening retreat.
- Shop local, maybe Capitol Hill, to find a one-of-a-kind sculpture for your garden or landscape beds to add a touch of flair and personality to your garden.
- Use classic or modern lattice panels to create a living privacy wall near your favorite outdoor relaxation space. Choose your favorite fast-growing vine and enjoy fragrant blooms as an additional benefit.
- Add landscape lighting to your flower beds and pathways for a magical atmosphere and safe navigation while enjoying the outdoors at night.
Don’t wait until summer arrives to tackle your outdoor living clean-up and refresh. It will be here before you know it and preparing now means you can enjoy it then. Cheers to the impending summer!