The romance and elegance of outdoor lighting never goes out of style. It’s as true today as it was back in 1987 when we started our outdoor lighting and landscape lighting company under the name Lightscapes. At that time, we reinvented the way residential outdoor lighting was delivered – and commercial outdoor lighting, too!
Putting the customer first was our primary objective, and this goal informed everything we did from lighting design and installation to customer service. We changed the outdoor lighting industry, first in Nashville as Lightscapes and eventually nationwide as Outdoor Lighting Perspectives.
— Lightscapes logo.
Lightscapes of Nashville wasn’t just on the cutting edge of outdoor lighting and landscape lighting, we were the cutting edge. It’s hard to imagine how different the outdoor lighting process was for homeowners in 1987 compared to today. Taking a brief look back in our history can bring a fresh appreciation for the conveniences we take for granted today.
THE OLD WAYS OF OUTDOOR LIGHTING
Before we streamlined the process of delivering outdoor lighting, this is what homeowners went through to set up outdoor and landscape lighting:
• Hiring a lighting designer with outdoor and landscape lighting credentials.
• Arranging an appointment with a specialty lighting store that carried outdoor lighting fixtures.
• Placing an order for the fixtures needed.
• Waiting for the fixtures’ arrival – and this could take weeks, or even months.
• Hiring an electrician to install the lights according to the designer’s direction.
• Crossing fingers and hoping for the best. Note: Many electricians had no experience in outdoor lighting, so clients hoped that everything would turn out as they imagined it when the lights were switched on that first night.
• Contacting the electrician or lighting designer to come back and correct lighting placement or other technical problems that often arose.
• Starting again at square one, if a number of the fixtures were not operating properly, as was often the case.
For homeowners – as well as owners of businesses that depended on outdoor lighting to attract customers – this process was frustrating, time-consuming, and much too expensive. Lightscapes embarked on a mission to improve this arduous process, and we certainly did. Today, as Outdoor Lighting Perspectives, we’re still going strong right here in Nashville!
— Vintage Nashville Banner article about us.
As the Nashville outdoor lighting company named Lightscapes, we turned this complicated and frustrating process into something much, much easier. Today many of our clients find that working with Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Nashville is quite enjoyable. What a contrast to the struggles they once endured to obtain outdoor lighting!
THE EASE OF OUTDOOR LIGHTING TODAY, A PROCESS WE PIONEERED
• We created and perfected a turnkey outdoor lighting and landscape lighting process. With Outdoor Lighting Perspectives’ all-inclusive exterior lighting services, we handle every detail from start to finish.
• We introduced the night-time lighting demonstration so homeowners can try before they buy.
• We added an annual maintenance plan so you don’t need to worry about the upkeep of your lighting system. We keep all of the components in excellent working order.
More than just simplifying the steps involved, we transformed outdoor lighting from its “avant-garde” origins into a service – and lifestyle – enjoyed by mainstream homeowners.
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Nashville’s Free Night-time Lighting Demonstration
We’re still incredibly proud of this service we pioneered all those years ago, the night-time lighting demonstration. First, we’ll meet with you to begin planning a unique outdoor lighting design for your home or business. Usually, this plan includes architectural lighting as well as landscape lighting. Before installing your permanent outdoor lighting fixtures, we’ll bring in a temporary display based on our design for your property. We’ll set up the display and turn it on at nightfall so you can see what your lighting plan will look like before you commit to using our service.
The Outdoor Lighting Company You’ll Want to Keep!
Many of our original Lightscapes clients are still with us today, more than 30 years later. This is the best possible testament to the high quality of our work, our responsive customer service, and our professionalism. As Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Nashville, we look forward to serving you for another 30 years and beyond. Thank you for your trust and the opportunity to serve you.
For comprehensive, turn-key outdoor lighting design, installation, and service contact Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Nashville today at (615) 697-4629, or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you kindly for the opportunity to add beautiful light into your evening!
Bob Lyons III, owner