Every October, just before we say goodbye to Daylight Saving Time for yet another year, we are prompted to remember how critically important it is to keep our home exteriors safe and secure.
That’s the beauty of gentle reminders like National Outdoor Lighting Month.
Outdoor Lighting Month Is Designed To Educate Homeowners
Being the premier outdoor lighting source for Nashville since 1986, in 2013 we decided to further our mission of outdoor lighting awareness and excellence by instituting National Outdoor Lighting Month.
The selection of the month of October is deliberate as darker later afternoons and evenings will begin as soon as Daylight Saving Time comes to an end, this year on Sunday, November 6, 2022.
How Can I Participate In National Outdoor Lighting Month?
- If you do not as of yet have low voltage, energy-efficient outdoor lighting surrounding your home, this is the month to change that. For a complimentary design consultation, we invite you to contact us at 615-697-4629. We will walk your exterior with you indicating the best places to install our proprietary brass and copper outdoor lighting. The objective of the visit is threefold – to ensure that your home exterior landscape is a safer place after sunset, to provide protection from elements that can hide in the darkness, and to beautify your home and landscape at the same time.
- If you have outdoor lighting, this is an excellent time to refresh and update it. If you were an early adopter of outdoor lighting and have halogen lights outdoors, this is an excellent time to have them retrofitted with the newest outdoor lighting innovation – LED. LED has now become the gold standard in our outdoor lighting systems. Today’s environmentally friendly LED technology offers beautiful light coupled with energy savings and longevity.
What Are The Advantages Of LED Outdoor Lighting?
Simply stated, LED is better, brighter, and casts more beautiful highlighting effects than you’ve ever experienced. Our LED lights deliver brighter lighting than traditional incandescent bulbs, even when you are illuminating large outdoor spaces. LED bulbs are 75% more energy efficient than incandescent lights and they last up to 15 times longer. So when it comes to cost efficiency, dependability, durability, versatility, and reducing your carbon footprint with an eco-friendly lighting alternative, LED wins hands down.
Why LEDs Are Ideal For Nashville Landscape Lighting Systems
1. Low Maintenance: In addition to saving money on the bulbs themselves, you also save time by replacing drastically fewer bulbs. Monitoring your landscape to replace a bulb every time it’s burnt out will become far less frequent.
2. Durability And Safety: LEDs are not as easily broken as other types of bulbs. This is important in outdoor settings where children or pets may be present and lighting is easily in reach. Furthermore, they operate in extreme hot and cold temperatures that other light sources cannot.
3. Achieve A Unique And Desired Look: The flexibility of LED outdoor lights allows for much more creative designs. Outdoor LED lights can be directional and focused, allowing them to be concentrated on specific objects instead of lighting entire areas. This is very useful in landscaping lighting because it can create dramatic effects.
4. LED Outdoor Lights Do Not Attract Insects: Insects are not attracted to all lights. They’re attracted specifically to UV lights. Our LED lights do not emit UV rays. As such, they do not attract insects the same way that incandescent lights do.
5. Outdoor LED Lights Are Very Energy Efficient: Creating significant energy savings over the life of the bulbs, our LEDs allow you to recoup their initial purchase price and then some over the life of the system.
LEDs are also more eco-friendly and durable. You can significantly reduce your maintenance time and expenses by switching to them.
Celebrate With Us With A Complimentary Outdoor Lighting Design Consultation
It would be our pleasure to recommend what areas to illuminate and what effects you may want to achieve every evening automatically. To schedule your customized complimentary outdoor lighting design consultation, click here.